Here are a few of the things I've been doing in class:
Some of the other more expressionistic pieces that I personally like doing much better:
These are both pastel, conte crayon, and charcoal pieces. The first one was an assignment where we had to re-copy a black and white photograph and then do a color study on it using pastels. This one I wanted to make look like some sort of nuclear explosion occurred seconds before the picture was taken, thus the bright colors and kind of eerie looking faces and background.
The second one was an assignment where a Caravaggio's "Christ" and a mexican still-life were blurred together and constantly changing from one piece to another. The result was kind of a blur between realism and still life works and we had to sit there for 2 hours and see what we came up with.
Obviously these are not even close to the crazy kinds of things other students are producing in that class and classes above, but I'm learning A LOT and hopefully I'll get to that level soon!
Awesome! Thanks for sharing :) Really happy for ya
ReplyDeletebeautiful AND talented
ReplyDelete