come out of your cave walking on your hands and see the world hanging upside down
Monday, September 14, 2009
questions
How can a person determine whether or not they should do something if the two possible outcomes of this decision is: won't really make a difference and could make you happy? I guess what I'm asking is how you can tell if a decision you make will benefit you or not really make a dent in the life bucket. Sometimes I wish God could just make the answer appear serendipitously on the back of your dinner napkin one night instead of us having to wander back and forth between two frankly similar decisions. I guess this is why life isn't as easy as we all hope.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
not all actions need to necessarily be taken for an outcome. life is just as much as journey as a destination. there's no way to predict the outcome of every decision, but that's the exciting part. surely we wouldn't want to live knowing every step (even though we may think we want that...but consider it...the boredom). every decision you make is the right decision. key word: make. the key is to MAKE it that way.
ReplyDeleteyay school is going to start soon! 화이팅!
hmmmmm jason i was agreeing with what you were saying until i got to the last bit about "every decision you make is the right decision." I don't know if I would agree with that since I can see many wrong decisions that have been made. Also, I believe there are two key words in that sentence, 'make' and 'right.' I agree that instead of merely deliberating we should make decisions. But at the same time, I would have to ask what would be 'right' in these circumstances.
ReplyDeleteI do like what you said about actions and their outcomes. Some decisions are made for the sake of the journey and not its destination like you said. I don't think that every little thing we do needs to be decided on the basis that it will have a lasting effect on our lives.
Besides that, hi jason~
and hanna
hola dugg,
ReplyDeletewhen i look back i can see that the decisions i made were vital to what i've experienced and to who i am today...so that's why i would say the decisions we make are "right (a little vague, but the sense of the word remains intact)". i am also assuming that hanna's ability to weigh decisions is able to cut out possible decisions that are clearly not viable options..
clarity may not be my cup of tea, but a general sense of what i'm talking about is all i want to get across.