This year was my first year taking part in dineLA Restaurant Week, me and a few girlfriends went to Fogo de Chão, one of the top Brazilian BBQ restaurants across the US and Brazil. They have locations in São Paulo and Salvador as well as Chicago and Philadelphia. This place is ridiculous. Their dinners usually go for around $57 per person excluding tax and drinks so an endless salad bar and choice of meats AND dessert for $44? I'm in!
This is the interior of the restaurant. They had an ethereal red lights lighting up the interior of the restaurant (which kind of made it hard to take decent pictures). But the best part of the restaurant was probably the massive floor-to-ceiling wine rack they have in the front behind the hostess stand.
How was the food? Probably hands down the best Brazilian BBQ I've ever had. There's definitely a reason why they charge people so much to eat here. Their meats were tender and seasoned perfectly and their salad bar was amazing too.
Eating here for dineLA gives us the choice of any three desserts included in that $44 price. They had newyork cheesecake, key lime pie, dulce de leche cake, and chocolate mousse cake. Considering all of our sweet tooths, we ordered one of each and shared. The key lime pie was pretty disgusting and I didn't really like the ducle de leche either (considering I'm lactose-retarded and can't drink milk) but the other desserts were excellent.
If you haven't taken part in dineLA, I seriously recommend that you do. It's not everyday that we can pretend we're millionaires and dine like royalty.
Do it and love it.





*tres leches cake
ReplyDeletehaha.. thanks
ReplyDelete