Iron & Wine at the Wiltern with Laura Marling. Seriously one of the most amazing, ethereal, metaphysical, BEAUTIFUL experiences of my LIFE. I know I probably sound dramatic but I can't even describe how awesome this concert was.
FIRST concert at the Wiltern, not to mention, first "real music" concert considering the only other concerts I've been to were Taylor Swift and The Jonas Brothers... Honestly... they paled in comparison.
The interior of the Wiltern was beautiful. Rustic, antique, had an almost cosmological feel to it and it was a lot smaller than I imagined but I liked that better. All us fans got a little cozyy
Laura Marling opened for Iron & Wine and before this, I didn't know who she was but she was AMAZING. Her voice was gorgeous, almost hypnotic. Not to mention she's British and funny.
Mr. Sam Beam, thank you. Iron & Wine? Unreal. We were super close to the stage, so close that I could see his sweat and every detail of the infamous beard
Honestly I was a little worried when I saw a full band behind SBeam since most of his stuff is acoustic but wow.. the entire theatre was shaking. I swear, all of his band members are over the age of 50 but they rocked harder than anyone I've seen. Especially the trumpet guy on the way left and the creepy long, gray haired man doing all the special effects.
Iron & Wine, Love it.
You don't even know how much I love Laura Marling. Jealous you saw them both...
ReplyDelete