Wednesday, October 28, 2009

a-musings.

Come on people, be a little more grateful, a little bit smarter?

On another note, I had dinner at Yamato once again celebrating my dad's 50th birthday. As we're eating, a middle-eastern couple gets seated next to us at the sushi bar and I can honestly say I've never been so amused during dinner "people-watching" before in my life. Let me elaborate.

It was almost like these people had never seen sushi or let alone Japanese food ever in their lives. They asked the sushi bar men about a thousand questions like "what is sushi" and "how many pieces come in the 2 piece sushi". I'm not even kidding. These people didn't know that sushi has rice in it, that you dip sushi and sashimi in soy sauce, and that you DO NOT drench your rolls in teriyaki sauce (which had to be served piping hot to the mans liking may I add). They ordered about 3 rolls and 5 nigiri pieces to themselves and cleaned their plates in about 25 minutes. They asked their waitress for sesame seeds, piping hot teriyaki sauce, and ordered corn on the cob in a Japanese restaurant (why the restaurant was serving that in the first place I don't know). They talked EXTREMELY loudly and were quite rude to the sushi men who were trying to be patient with them. Anyways, throughout the entire dinner, I couldn't stop laughing and giggling and I think they knew. Dangit.

No comments:

Post a Comment