Sunday, October 4, 2009

An Interesting Start

Dear Diary,
I've gone through my official first week of school. It's been an experience, to say the least. The first day of classes, I had my Physiological Science 5 class and walked into a lecture hall with 450 other people sitting, waiting for our professor to walk through the door. I was so shocked to see the number of people taking this class and realized it would be nearly impossible for me to concentrate and focus in the weeks to come because of my blackberry.. Then a few hours later came my Studio Drawing class with Professor Don Suggs, whom I respect infinitely. The studio room was amazing, paint and gesso was splattered all over the floor, the benches and chairs were covered in paint were worn down from the years before, and we all sat in a circle of 20 people as Professor Suggs read off the syllabus. I was excited to finally be in the place where I'd be spending the majority of my time for the quarter.
Dining halls are amazing. End of story. Honestly, if I keep at it at the pace that I'm going, I'm going to walk out of UCLA this year having gained fifty pounds. But you know what, I'm slightly okay with it; the food is amazing! Nothing wrong with satisfying your hunger, right?
I've gotten to meet a LOT of people, a lot of them I can't remember their names, but it's super overwhelming and interesting to walk into the elevator every single day and meet someone new just on the ride down to the first floor. It's incredibly overwhelming, to say the least, and it'll take some adjustment to fine my niche, but I know I'll find it.
On another note, I've decided to join CCM. Naturally I tried out the other campus ministries and CCM just seemed to draw me in deeper. In CCM, I've met tons of awesome people that I know I'll bond with and it's so encouraging to meet upper class men who are so eager to help and make the transition from high school to college much easier. I'm excited for the things to come in CCM!
Week 2, bring it on.

Sincerely,
Daydreamer

No comments:

Post a Comment