Honestly though, I'm caught between a rock and a hard place right now and I'm really unsure of what to do. People point me in one direction, my heart points me in another. But one knows how foolish the heart can be. Which voice do I listen to? How do I know it's Him who's trying to speak to me?
come out of your cave walking on your hands and see the world hanging upside down
Wednesday, October 14, 2009
knowing what to do
I realize that I had a similar post before this one, but I really am quite lost in the whole "knowing what to do" situation. I understand that the "thrill of life" lies within NOT knowing what is to come next, but quite frankly, it makes me uneasy. Of course there are things where not knowing makes it the more exciting, but for some other things, it makes things all the more complicated. I remember hearing the sermon at NHLA a couple weeks back about knowing God's will and learning to listen to His voice. Sometimes I wonder if I fall into the category of people who choose to turn away from God's voice and create excuses to not listen because it's subconsciously something that I don't want. So how am I supposed to decipher what is God's voice and what is the sound of my own desires? Learn to love the Planner. Easier said than done. It's still a little hard for me to understand how those two correlate and how one can help the other, but I suppose that's where the faith and trust factor comes in.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
spend more time with him~ pray. and trust
ReplyDelete